Pressure can look like an end-of-year bonus, a number on a weighing scale, an acceptance letter, a rejection letter, your reflection in a glass display window, your next family dinner, the perfect holiday gift, your bank account, your ex's new boo, your next vacation, your age, or that deadline you JUST. CANNOT. MISS.
1. Do 'your' best. When pretending to be a Superhuman gets exhausting, take a break and just be you.
2. Catch yourself if you try to justify or make excuses for pressure. Sometimes 'moderate stress' enables people to perform 'faster'. It's important to know the difference between 'moderate stress' and 'pressure' (and 'faster' and 'better'). "Diamonds are made under pressure", agreed. But You are not a crystalline carbon mineral. Unfortunately, besides your 2012 Kelly Clarkson playlist, there is no evidence of 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'. Everyone reacts to pressure and stressful situations in different ways. If you always find a glorious way out of a pressure situation - good on you! You're an optimistic problem solver. But if you don't make it, you are neither a failure, nor are you weaker. It does not add/subtract points from your next pressure challenge.
3. If you're struggling with constant pressure or don't realize you are yet, just focus on the bits you can control about the situation.
4. Delegate/ask for the help you need. Remember the support system you've been posting pictures with? Put them to work. This is what they're meant for.
5. When pressure situations become unavoidable parts of life, try not to feel pressured about feeling or NOT feeling pressured the way others around you do. . . What are some ways you deal with pressure? 👊 . . . #poweroverpressure #narrativetherapy #therapywithshivani #mentalhealthmatters #clinicalcounselling #psychotherapy #arttherapy #digitalarttherapy #artformentalhealh #vancouvertherapists #psychology #mentalhealththerapist #vancouvercounsellors #mindovermatters #you #selfcare #anxietyrelief #depression #selfexploration #socialmediaanxiety #relationshiptherapy #couplescounselling #grouptherapy #distancecounselling #mentalhealthcanada #firstsession